Hours: Summer (May 16 - September 1)
|Monday-Friday||9:00am to 4:45pm|
Closed holidays: May 25, July 4
Kohler Art Library Home
- Artists' Books: Recent Acquisitions to the Kohler Art Library is the library's current exhibition. See it from July 10 through September 20, 2015. On display are twelve intriguing artists’ books that showcase the strengths of the book arts collection: interesting use of materials, inventive structures, and collaborative and interdisciplinary content.
- The Kohler Art Library will have a new website in August. Watch for it!
- Researching Art Sales is the Kohler Art Library's newest guide.
- Digital Collection: Dominy Craftsmen Collection provides archival documents (and more) relating to an American Colonial craft shop.
- Digital Collection: Chazen (Elvehjem) Museum of Art Publications provides full text online of over 50 exhibition catalogs from the years 1970-2000.
- Find summer ducks, summerhouses, and summer flowers, along with a wealth of information on material culture, in the Digital Library for the Decorative Arts and Material Culture.
- The film, The Monuments Men, was inspired by wartime experiences of those who sought to protect cultural treasures during World War II. See a guide to additional reading on: Art looting, destruction, and protection during World War II.
- See our guide if you need help in Identifying Period Styles (for architecture and interiors)
- Fifteen Japanese illustrated books from the late Edo period are available for viewing online within the Arts Collection created by the UW Digital Collections Center. The Japanese books are owned by Kohler Art Library.
- Kohler Art Library books are included in the full text Google Book Project. Approximately 6,000 books were digitized to expand access to these important art-related historical materials.
- Interested in the book arts? See the library's Artists’ Book Collection database, an illustrated, descriptive index to over 760 artists’ books located in the Kohler Art Library. Users can search by artist, title, press, book structure, binding, subject, or contributor roles.