Current Hours: Fall semester (Sept 3 - Dec 20, 2013)
|Monday-Thursday||8:00am to 9:45pm|
|Friday||8:00am to 4:45pm|
|Saturday-Sunday||11:00am to 4:45pm|
See special hours: November 27 - December 1
Kohler Art Library Home
- The library's new exhibition, Mosaics and Memoir, presents a wonderful sampling of mosaics and other art work by Emeritus Professor Marjorie Kreilick. Her engaging works incorporate marble inlay and sculptural elements. Kreilick edited the just-published memoir (UW-Libraries' Parallel Press) of her late husband Allan McNab. Witness to an Ending captures his rich artistic and social life in Europe and America. Exhibition opening, reception and book signing at the Kohler Art Library: September 27, 2013 ~ 5:00-7:00 pm.
- See landscape and architecture in 18th-19th century books digitized by the Digital Library for the Decorative Arts and Material Culture.
- Fifteen Japanese illustrated books from the late Edo period are available for viewing online within the Arts Collection created by the UW Digital Collections Center. The Japanese books are owned by Kohler Art Library.
- Kohler Art Library books are included in the full text Google Book Project. Approximately 6,000 books were digitized to expand access to these important art-related historical materials.
- Interested in the book arts? See the library's Artists’ Book Collection database, an illustrated, descriptive index to over 760 artists’ books located in the Kohler Art Library. Users can search by artist, title, press, book structure, binding, subject, or contributor roles.